Welcome to PHY 342 – Quantum Mechanics II homepage
We will use this space to post extra course materials, like homework, solutions, announcements, etc.
If you have any interesting and related links, we can add them too.
- Announcements, recordings and homework
- Codes and other links
Most codes are in the Jupyter notebook format. You can download it and open it with Jupyter. If you do not have access to a Jupyter installation or server, you can go to try.jupyter.org on the cloud, and upload the notebook there.
Note: Due to some weird, nonsensical rule of the site disallowing the “.ipynb” file extension, I have the programs in .zip and plain .txt formats. If you download a zip file, unzip it to recover the .ipynb file. If you download the .txt file (right click then save), just rename “somefile-ipynb.txt” to “somefile.ipynb”.
- Local Jupyter/Python server (Thanks to CSCDR)
- cocalc.com (only if no other alternative)
- Visualizing and manipulating spherical harmonics in zip and in txt format.
- Spherical Bessel functions and eigenstates of infinite spherical well in zip format.
- Radial wave functions and atomic orbital visualization in zip format.
- Vector model of quantized angular momentum in zip format.
- Computation of integrals in variational treatment of helium in zip format.
- Quantum transition amplitude in the 1D box, using Sympy in zip format.